MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW and consists of seven (7) 7600 kW MAN 16V32/40 with heavy duty generators. The engines are rated at 750 rpm, and 50 HZ. Most noteworthy, the plant was manufactured in 2001 but used very little, therefore has only 7,000 hours since new. The plant will operate on Heavy Fuel Oil or Light Diesel Oil Fuel. Complete plant in very good condition. This is the best price on the market for a 52 MW HFO generator plant.
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Brief Summary
- (7) 7600 kW MAN 16V32/40 sixteen-cylinder four-stroke, turbocharged and charge-air cooled engines
- (7) Heavy Duty Generators
- The year 2001, 750 rpm, 50 HZ
- Only 7,000 hours from new
- Cooling system, Lube Oil system, Lubricating Oil System, Control and Monitoring System, Electrical System, Heavy Fuel Oil System, Heavy Fuel Oil Purification system: Pumps, Air System, Exhaust Gas System, Compressed Air System, Heat Recovery System, Steam Distribution System, Boilers, Transformers, Tanks, Tank Farm Equipment, Water Treatment, Reverse Osmosis system, Desox System, Startup Boiler, Fire Fighting System, Discharge Pumps, Water Pumps, Forced Draft Ventilation System, Black-start-Diesel Generating set, Piping.
- This is a complete plant and is being offered below market value with the best price on the market today for any 50 MW Heavy Fuel Oil Power Plant.
- Do you require power for your facility and you are on a budget constraint? Contact us to discuss this 52 MW, HFO Generating Plant.
- Immediate Inspection can be arranged.
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, PDF Scope of Supply Link
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Details
- Manufacturer: MAN
- Model: 16V32/40
- The number of Generators: 7
- Type: Sixteen cylinder four stroke, turbocharged, air-cooled, on a clockwise rotation design
- Power output (KW) 7800 KW
- Rating: Continuous
- Revolutions per minute: 750 rpm
- Frequency: 50 HZ
- Electrical output: 10.3 KV
- Electrical Connection: The system is designed to be connected to a 34.5 kV distribution system by (2) 34.5 kV transformers.
- The generators can be directly connected to the 10.3 KV switchgear or directly to the transmission system as the generators are 10.3 kV.
- Cooling Type: Radiator
- Year of manufacture: 2000
- Year of Commissioning: 2001
- Hours Run From New: 7000 hrs.
- Power Output Specifications: At site 800 m above sea level Up to an ambient air temperature of max. (28°C) and a charge air cooling water temperature of (38°C)
- 7600 kW at 750 rpm, continuous rating per ISO standards
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Specifications
- While the generators were in operation they have proved to be highly reliable and capable of producing kilowatt power on a continuous load basis.
- The operation on heavy fuel oil up to 700 mm2/s (cSt) at 50°C corresponding to 7000 sec. 1/100°F and were at the running acceptance of the engines while in operation.
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Foundation Equipment
Note: Data regarding static and dynamic forces acting has been calculated and applied in this project.
- (7) Flexible couplings (sized according to vibration calculation).
- (7) Steel foundation frame with integrated lube oil service tank for the engine.
- Engines and generators assembled on the foundation frame at the factory and will be delivered accordingly.
Control and Monitoring Equipment
The scope of equipment for monitoring and operating the engine, monitoring and control of auxiliaries have been installed in a control cabinet.
- An additional device exists for monitoring and controlling the common auxiliaries.
- (1) Pressure switch fitted, installed in the Diesel oil circular pipeline
- (1) Pressure switch installed in the heavy fuel oil circular pipeline
- (1) Resistance thermometer installed in the heavy fuel oil circular pipeline
- (7) Extension of transmitters for monitoring and operating the engine, as well as monitoring and controlling the auxiliaries when using a screen (standard monitor) system.
- (7) Oil mist detector VN 115 with measuring tube heating,
- (7) Resistance thermometer Pt 100 at each crankshaft bearing,
- (7) Engine Power Management System (EDS-D + PCU)
Safety and Protection Equipment
- (7) Flywheel cover (mounted)
- (7) The free-standing platform, floor plates, railing and stair
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Common Systems / Modular Design
The auxiliary module comprising of (7):
- LUBRICATING OIL
- HT-COOLING WATER CIRCUIT
- HT-service pump with motor
- HT-temperature regulating valve, with the electrical actuator
- LT-COOLING WATER CIRCUIT
- LT-service pump with motor
- LT-temperature regulating valve with the electrical actuator
- Leakage lubricating oil and fuel oil
- Control Panel
Lubricating Oil System: Engine Lubricating Oil
- (7) Set of lube oil piping inside powerhouse including fittings, adaptors, flexible pipe connections and mounting elements, with supports where applicable
- (7) Lube oil flow rate measuring device
Secondary-Lubricating Oil System (Cleaning)
- (7) Separator module for lube oil cleaning consisting of the separator (self-cleaning), effective service rating max.2.35 m3/h
- (1) Set of standard commercial tools for lube oil separator
- (1) Intermediate sludge tank approx. 1 m3 capacity
- (1) Sludge pump for discharge the intermediate sludge tank, with the electric motor
- (1) Set of piping inside the engine room and outside up to the tank farm
Lube Oil Supply / Discharge System
- Supply pump to the storage tank. approx. 2 m3/h with the electrical motor
- Storage tank for clean oil, 30 m3 capacity to be set up in the tank farm,
- Used oil tank, 30 m3 capacity to be set up in the tank farm
- (1) Transfer pump from the storage tank to the lube oil service tank approx.2 m3/h
- (1) Discharge pump for used oil tank with the electric motor and attached pressure limiting valve capacity approx. 2 m3/h,
- (7) Replenishing system to top up the spent lube oil when the engine running
- Set of piping inside and outside of the powerhouse and pump house up to the tank farm with fittings and mounting elements, tracer type heating (steam) and insulation material (where applicable), supported where necessary. The tanks are installed in the tank farm suction and delivery piping between powerhouse and tank farm are calculated to be approx. 80 m each).
Cooling Water System; HT COOLING WATER:
(for charge air stage 1, cylinder cooling)
- (7) Two-circuit radiator cooling system for installation in the open air, This system is designed for an ambient air temperature of max. (40 deg.C),
- (7) Monitoring equipment for regulating the engine cooling water temperature
- (7) Expansion tank of (two-part design) 2 x 250 lt. capacity for HT and LT circuit with the mechanical level indicator (MBD) (+ MIN alarm contact)
- (7) Set of piping inside engine room and to radiator cooling system (the distance of the cooling system to the engine room is planned to be max. 30 m) with fittings, adaptors and mounting elements supports where necessary
- (7) Set of flexible pipe connections for anti-vibration mounting of the generating set
Cooling Water Preheating System (HT circuit)
- Electrical pre-heater set for jacket water
- (7) Plate-type heat exchanger for the preheating of engine cooling water, with thermometers
- (7) Temperature control valve (thermostat) for the preheating of engine cooling water, with thermometers
- (7) Set of piping for the preheating of engine cooling water with fittings and the mounting elements support where necessary
- (7) Set of piping for preheating circulation for the preheating of engine cooling water with fittings and mounting elements supported where necessary
Nozzle Cooling Water System
- (7) Nozzle cooling water module internally piped
- (7) Set of piping inside engine room with fittings, adaptors and mounting elements with support where necessary
- (7) Set of flexible pipe connections for anti-vibration mounting of the set
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Main Water Supply
- (2) Cooling water collecting tank with mech. level indicator approx. 3000 1iter capacity
- (2) Replenishing pump for cooling water systems
- (4) Set of piping inside powerhouse with fittings and mounting elements, with support where necessary
- (4) Sets of piping outside powerhouse to all engine systems and to the water storage tank, with fittings and mounting elements with support where necessary
- (1) Water treatment plant (water softening) for make-up water (engine cooling water)
Air Cooling Water System (in case of radiator cooling)
- (7) Temperature regulating valve with the electric actuator to be fitted in the LT cooling water piping
- (7) Monitoring equipment for charge-air temperature regulating before cylinder to prevent the formation of condensed water and increase of the charge-air temperature in case of low-load operation.
- (7) Monitoring equipment for temperature regulating the LT cooling water.
- (7) Set of piping inside the engine room and to radiator cooler (30 m distance from engine room)
- (7) Set of flexible pipe connections for vibration-free mounting of the set
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Fuel System
- (1) Diesel oil storage tank, approx. 500 m3 capacity to be set up in the tank farm.
- (2) Storage-tank for dirty HFO approx. 2000 m3 capacity to be set up in the tank farm,
- (1) Service tank for cleaned HFO, approx. 150 m3 capacity to be set up in the tank farm
- (1) Set of Diesel oil supply pumps to fill up the Diesel oil storage tank
- (1) Diesel oil flow meter
- (1) Set of Diesel oil supply pumps
- (1) Set of HFO supply pumps to fill up the storage tanks for dirty HFO
- (1) Heavy fuel oil flow meter, between unloading station and HFO storage tank
- (1) Set of HFO supply pumps
- (1) Set of piping for HFO and Diesel oil between the unloading station (buffer tank) and the tank farm
- (1) Set of piping for Diesel oil (to and from the powerhouse approx. 80 m)
- (1) Set of piping for HFO. To and from the powerhouse approx. 80 m Insulation will be done if necessary.
- (1) Fuel oil filter module
- (7) Fuel oil module,
- (7) Set of piping inside engine room for HFO and Diesel oil supports where necessary
- (7) Set of flexible pipe connections for vibration-isolated mounting of the generating set HFO piping will be insulated if necessary based on ambient conditions
Heavy Fuel Oil Purification: (jointly with the power station)
- (3) Separator module for heavy fuel oil purification
- (1) Set of standard commercial tools for the HFO-separator
- (2) Sludge tank approx. 30 m3 capacity one each for fuel and lube oil sludge
- (2) Sludge pump for discharging the the sludge tank with moto and attached pressure relief valve delivery volume approx. 2 m3/h motor approx. 0.75 kM
- (3) Set of piping inside the pump house with fittings and mounting elements HFO piping will be insulated if necessary based on ambient temperatures
- (1) Set of sludge piping between pump house and sludge tank with fittings, mounting elements, tracer-type heating (steam) and insulation material (if necessary), with support where necessary
- Sludge piping will be insulated based on ambient temperatures if necessary.
Combustion Air System: (With oil bath rotary filter)
- (7) Oil-bath rotary filter with electric motor
- (7) Baffle-type silencer
- (7) Set of intake air pipe with adapter upstream of each turbocharger with holders
- (7) Rubber expansion joint, upstream of each turbocharger with counter flange
- (7) Set of insulating material with jacketing, loose, for acoustic insulation of the baffle-type silencer and of combustion air pipes inside the engine room
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Exhaust Gas System
- (7) Exhaust gas silencer outside powerhouse, with counter flange silencing effect approx. 35 dB (A)
- (7) Set of exhaust gas pipes up to the exhaust gas silencer
- (7) Adaptor upstream of each turbocharger with expansion joint and counter flange
- (14) Exhaust gas expansion joints DN 1100 made of stainless steel, with carbon steel flanges (St 37-2)
- (14) Exhaust gas flanges DN 1100 made of carbon steel (St 37-2)
Compressed Air System: Main System (for intermittent operation)
- (2) Compressor module (30 bar) air-cooled, with intercooler and final cooler and electric motor approx. 22 kW jointly mounted on a frame with switch and control device
- (7) Starting air receiver 1500 1 capacity working pressure 30 bar,
- (3) Set of piping between starting air compressor and starting air receiver
- (7) Set of piping between starting air receiver and engine accessories
- Pressure reducer (30 to 7 bar) with water trap, dirt trap safety valve, and piping
- (7) Set of flexible pipe connections for anti-vibration mounting of the set
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Secondary System:
- (1) Lower pressure compressor plant for 10
- (7) Set of piping for working air inside powerhouse, with the quick-coupling connection, fittings and pressure reducer
- (7) Set of piping for working air outside powerhouse with quick-coupling connection
Heat Recovery System: (steam system)
- (3) Boilers, as described, will be supplied to generate sufficient steam required for the plant
Steam Distribution System:
- (1) Set of piping for steam distribution within the powerhouse and the pump house. Steam pipes will be insulated for safe operation.
Other Special Equipment and Conditions:
- (7) Turbine cleaning device (dry cleaning by granulate) additional to the washing device
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Tools, and Spares:
- (1) Set of Consumables (gaskets and seals only) spare and 1 set of tools (incl. 2 interlocking devices) for turbocharger
- (1) Set of standard and special tools for servicing and inspection of the engines (Tools for the erection of the complete plant are to be provided by the contracting company and such tools will remain the property of this company).
- (1) Set of hydraulic hand pump with hydraulic tightening devices
- (1) Electric valve cone grinder for inlet and exhaust valves
- (1) Electric valve seat grinder for the inlet and exhaust valve seats in the cylinder heads
- (1) Electronic firing pressure gauge
- (1) Setting device to check the start and end of delivery of the injection pumps
- (1) Grinding-in device for grooves in cylinder liners and the joint faces in the cylinder head
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, More Tools, and Spares:
- (1) Pneumatic honing tool for the cylinder liner
- (1) The extraction tool for the bolts of the crankshaft counterweights
- (1) Mounting and removing device from the main bearing covers from the crankcase
- (1) Installing/dismantling tool for the torsional vibration damper
- (1) Installing/dismantling tool for the charge air cooler
- (1) Grinding tool for the fuel injection pipes
- (1) The test kit for jacket water
- (1) Chemicals for replenishment of jacket water test kit
- (1) The test kit for engine lube oil and fuel
- (1) Chemicals for replenishment of lube oil test kit
Balance of Plant
- Civil works subject plant’s civil works will be based on the offered layout.
- The offered plant is based on the existing design concept and drawings. Powerhouse will be (60,8 mt x 16,5 mt as per project).
- Water Treatment and Reverse Osmosis system;
- The 8 m3/h capacity raw water treatment system and a 2,5 m3/h reverse Osmosis system together with necessary equipment.
- Various tanks the project covers supply and erection following tanks made of carbon steel and/or fiberglass for usage in various areas:
- (2) 2500 m3 fuel oil storage tanks (insulated and heated if necessary)
- (1) 600 m3 capacity Diesel fuel tank
- (1) 150 m3 capacity clean fuel oil tank (daily storage tank)
- (2) 30 m3 water tank
- (3) ea. 1 m3 various purpose (sludge, leaked oil etc) tanks
Heat Recovery Type Boilers
- (3) 2,5 m3 capacity operating at 8 bar pressure will supply the required steam for the plant when the Diesel generator set is in operation. The offered system includes also the electrification, design and duct and bypass systems.
- (1) type boiler to produce 8 bar steam (2,5 m3/h capacity) running on Diesel Oil as fuel
Fire Fighting System
- (1) 200 m3 storage capacity (underground made of concrete) water storage tank, two pumps (one diesel and one electric operated) will be needed
- (3) (2 operating one standby) fuel oil discharge pumps to discharge fuel oil from trailer trucks to the fuel oil storage tanks.
- (2) heavy duty weighing scale to weigh the trailer trucks bringing in Fuel Oil will be needed.
Lime Milk and Gypsum Tanks
- (2) The storage capacity tanks of 300 m3 for Lime Milk to be used for desulphurization and also storage of the gypsum.
Denox system placed behind exhausts of engines complete with catalysts and control systems for the elimination of Nox gases as per environmental regulations issued by the EC.
- The complete Desox system with suitable capacity, to eliminate the Sulphur in the exhaust gases required by the environmental regulations complete with control systems. The stack (scrubber) is made of stainless steel. The DESOX unit operates according to emission requirement of the EC.
- Engineering works; necessary to integrate the units stated above, electrification, erection and assembly and preparation of the as-built diagrams.
MAN Diesel Generator Plant 52 MW, Miscellaneous
Connection to Grid
- (2) 10.3 – 34,5 kV transformers (equipped with on-load tap Changers.
- Medium voltage and low voltage systems, complete with power metering (produced and sold power, excluding internal consumption).
- Primer and finish coating of the pipes, paint for marking the individual systems with circles and arrows (on the pipes as exists)
Power House Crane
- (1) Carrying capacity 2 tons. span 15 m. Crane rails 57 m long.for assembly on crane runway with fastening material
- (1) Set of hoists for maintenance of Diesel engine auxiliaries in the pump house and powerhouse.
- (1) Black-start-Diesel generating set 250 kVA for automatic starting and synchronizing of the Diesel genet.
- (7) Powerhouse forced draft ventilation with axial-flow fan and adjusting louvers (with noise damper 25 dB(A) without air filter);
- Set of necessary instruments for tanks in the tank farm (float switches, level switches, thermometer, etc.)
- As stated above, all equipment and instruments electronic or electrical and mechanical including the Diesel Generating sets, water pumps comprising the power plant to produce 52 MW by using HFO as fuel (starts made with diesel oil) have been used for approximately 7000 hours of operation and will be disassembled and made ready for delivery.
- The system is designed to be connected to 34,5 kV distribution system via 34,5 kV transformers (two sets).
- The similar point of connection is needed or the engines directly can be connected to 10.3 switchgear or to transmission system directly as the generators of the engines are 10.3 kV.
Visit our diesel generator section for other power plant options